Friday, January 21, 2011

Devotion to spirituality/science

aram dāso na mīlhuse karānyaham devāya bhūrnaye.anāghāh |
acetayadacito devo aryo ghrtsam rāye kavitaro junāti || 7/86/7mndlm
Slave like [ DEVOTEE] may I do service[ SHRADDHA ...shraddhaya satyamapyate ..yaj OR BHAKTI] to the Bounteous, serve, free from sin, the God inclined to anger.
This gentle Lord gives wisdom to the simple: the wiser parmatma leads on the wise to riches..
vi me karṇā patayato vi chakṣurvīdaṃ jyotirhṛdaya āhitaṃ yat |
vi me manaścarati dūraādhīḥ kiṃ svid vakṣyāmikimu nū maniṣye || 6/9/6mndlm rik
Mine ears unclose to hear, mine eye to see him; the light that harbours in my spirit broadens.
Far roams my mind whose thoughts are in the distance. What shall I speak, what shall I now imagine..O parmatman .

This is the translation , still it comprises the devotion and many more translations are there, suiting to their discipline [ I do not say religion ]. many hindu traditions define but I dont find vedas translation as possible .Even upanishads try to make it possible ...but ...but ... there chapter for devotion lacks . So bhagwatgita is only the solution to exactly define the vedas gist and more to say ....devotion chapter 12 exists there . I as the shaiiva devotee may consider shiva explaining to shakti . . ulūkayātum śuśulūkayātum jahi śvayātumuta kokayātum |
suparnayātumuta ghrdhrayātum drsadeva pra mrna raksa indra ||22/104/7mndlm rig

Destroy the fiend shaped like an owl or owlet, destroy him in the form of dog[ which has false ego to bark on his owns ] or cuckoo.
Destroy him shaped as eagle[ who has ego to impose on others ] or as vulture as with a stone, O Indra, crush the demon.

Sah devah kah asti , if I have not seen him , so what , I feel him , therefore offering homage to him as it or in the form of KAH is Vedas instruction . I am not supposed to kill dogs who bark on each other . I am supposed to offer prayers to Indra who cut the throat of Dadhyang , but helped kill the brattasur with rishi’s horse head [ here Ashvamedha means killing the demons with the help of science ] . I am supposed to offer prayers to Ashwini krs who helped the king’s son by treating his eyes with the scientific method learned and which eyes were made blind by spiritual knowledge of king.
Everything is worshipped which is useful to mankind , to the soul , to the super soul and to that which enables know the supreme soul [ be it Vishnu or shiva ] , amongst us .

this is a gesture worship , symbol worship and NOT idol [ kim tasya pratima sambhavah ] worship ,can be seen from Vedas .
Engage the mind help the all pious souls working with the help of science taking the spirituality in concern and not knowing only as man is man’s friend .

No comments: