Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Utility

Utility of knowledge in welfare of all is called VEDASTRA . Knowledge may be gained from scriptures or from the previous experiences . A human should make his habit or character in a noble position. The Ocean has made his position in such a way that all the rivers feed him without any effort . Take examples from previous practical experiences as Maturity and examples from scriptures as Common sense .If anybody does not follow this , suffers . Maricha a demon in tretayuga was spared by Lord rama with a lesson to live in peace , but ravna did not understood from his experience and created a position in which Maricha was lastly killed . The ten-headed Ravna
approached Maricha and bowed his head to him, selfish and vile as he was. The
meekness of a mean creature is a source of great trouble like the bending of a goad,
bow, snake or cat. The friendly speech of a villain is as dangerous
as the flowers that blossom out of season. After doing him homage Maricha respectfully enquired of him his errand: .Wherefore,
my son, are you so much disturbed in mind that you have come all the way alone? .Assume the false appearance of a wily deer, so that I may be able to abduct the princess..
Maricha, however, remonstrated, .Listen, Ravna: though disguised as a man, He is the lord
of the whole animate and inanimate creation. There can be no quarrel with Him, dear son;
we die when He would have us die and live only by His sufferance. Those very princes
had gone to guard the sacrifice of the sage Vishwamitra, when rama (the Lord of
Raghus) smote me with a pointless arrow, that threw me at a distance of many miles in an
instant. It will not be good to antagonize them. I find myself reduced to the position of an
insect ( a wasp-like winged creature) inasmuch as I behold
the two brothers wherever I look. Even if they are human beings, dear son, they are
remarkable heroes nonetheless; and opposition to them will not avail. .Therefore, considering the welfare of your race you had better return home..
When he heard this he flared up and showered many abuses on Maricha. .You fool, you
presume to teach me as if you were my preceptor. Tell me which warrior in this world
is a match for me.. Then Maricha thought to himself, .It does not do one good to make
enemies of the following nine, viz., one skilled in the use of a weapon, he who knows
one.s secret, a powerful master, a dunce, a wealthy man, a physician, a panegyrist, a
poet, an expert cook.. Either way he saw he must die: hence he sought refuge in the
Lord of Raghus. .If I argue further, the wretch would kill me; why, then, should I not be
killed by rama.s arrows?.

No comments: